Friday, April 6, 2012

Could Reagan win a GOP primary today.

This is kind of a moot question because the war on terror changed everything. But it's an interesting debate. I have been posting on this really bad site called political.com. It's put together terribly and has a real problem with the comments section. Here's the link to the poll about Reagan.

http://www.political.com/OfferSeriesPage.aspx?g=5fe9c98da93146cdb726d88991ef953e&nm=018ggfw6urxyar&fb_comment_id=fbc_10150755036600210_22712412_10150756878845210&se=52#poll-comments


This site is dodgy so please discuss here! Thanks! My personal take is that America has gotten gradually more conservative since Nixon. A true conservative would be against everything the modern conservative stands for. Legalizing freedom would be a great start. Avoiding nation building also seems like a conservative viewpoint. I am not saying that the Dems don't have their own part in this but I find the Republicans to be more interested in what I ingest or what happens to my private parts more than the left wing. The left wing seems to be more interested in what I am learning and how they can manipulate that. Independent thinkers welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment